The Humane Society of Bay County was formed in November 1984 by a group of concerned citizens who recognized a need within our community. Since that time, the organization has acted as the animal advocate in our community. Your support continues to be our inspiration as we look forward to a future of improved welfare for all animals.
The Humane Society is a separate entity from Bay County Animal Control; The Humane Society was a source of significant funding for building the Bay County Animal Control facility.
All of your donations go towards our many programs, including:
- Spay/Neuter for adoptable animals
- Cat & Dog foster program
- Trap, Neuter, Return of Community cats
- $100 Paw Club
- Cats for Companionship
- Pet Trust Program
- Temporary housing and care for pets of domestic violence situations through the Judy V. Spencer Fund
- Quarterly newsletter to educate area residents
- Website to share resource information with everyone
- Adoption Center to showcase adoptable animals
1607 Marquette Ave, Bay City, MI 48706 989-893-0451