The Humane Society of Bay County is a volunteer organization active in several educational and fundraising events throughout the year. Monthly board meetings are open to the public and held the third Thursday of every month at Animal Control.
The Humane Society of Bay County was formed in November 1984 by a group of concerned citizens who recognized a need within our community. Since that time, the organization has acted as the animal advocate in our community. Your support continues to be our inspiration as we look forward to a future of improved welfare for all animals.
The Humane Society is a separate entity from Bay County Animal Control; however, the Humane Society is an advocate for shelter adoptions, buys vaccinations and other medication for shelter animals, and supports the Animal Control shelter in various ways. In addition, the Humane Society was a source of significant funding for building the Bay County Animal Control facility.
All of your donations go towards our many programs, including:
- Pet Awareness Programs in conjunction with The Bay City Times
- Animal Control donations for vaccinations, medications, and bedding
- Animal Care and Protection information
- Spay/Neuter Rebates
- Volunteer programs such as dog shows, nursing home visits, and straw giveaways
- Temporary housing and care for pets of domestic violence situations
- Quarterly newsletter to educate area residents
- Website to share resource information with everyone
- Scholarship for Bay County students in animal-related career paths
- We publish a monthly newsletter, click here for more information
Vision of the future
The Humane Society of Bay County partners with Bay County’s No Kill shelter and is the community’s “one stop” organization for all animal-related needs.
The mission of the Humane Society of Bay County is to save, protect and enhance the lives of animals in Bay County.
- All animals lives are valued
- No Kill Shelter for Adoptable Animals
- Affordable/Free Spay and Neutering Program
- Educational Programs at all levels throughout Bay County